Wall to get signature shoe

Posted by Unknown on Tuesday, August 05, 2014 with No comments
Despite the bad news of getting cut from Team USA, John Wall does have some good news.  One year after leaving Reebok, Wall has joined the Adidas family and will have a signature shoe released in October.  

“It’s pretty exciting and fun to know you can have your own stuff,” Wall said. “All the Adidas stuff I wear will probably have my logo on it, just like [fellow Adidas endorser] Derrick [Rose] will wear everything that’s got D-Rose on it. Makes it fun.”

“It wasn’t planned at all,” Wall said. “because they didn’t know I was going to produce, coming off my injury for one. And then they were like, ‘We can’t put no money into a guy that ain’t going to be playing.’ And things like that. They were going through a tough time with Derrick being injured and they invested a lot of time in him and the other guys around Adidas are happy to have him back playing. But how the season went along and I played big, had a 47-point game. And going into the next season I had the Crazy Quick 2. I started wearing and they were, ‘Well, we think it’s time you start building you marketing-wise.’ ”


Categories: ,